To aid Lions who want to make a decision about which captain to choose, here are the manifestos from the African National Congress, Fascist Party Italia and Poland’s Solidarnosk parties:
ANC – Leader: Chancy
Fascist Party Italia – Leader: Christian
the team is what matters and each single Lion is a member of the team. Everybody is getting the minutes on the pitch, sometimes more and sometimes less. Before Rob’s E-mail about Andy volunteering for the vice captain position I was thinking to make sure that the captain and the vice captain should be in turns on the sidelines. Andy’s decision is highly welcome at this stage!!!
How to run the Red Lions:
1. Against strong teams we will play the stronger players and still give the playing time to the weaker players.
2. Against weaker teams the playing time will be shared more evenly.
3. Discipline and responsibilities on the pitch should be worked out.
4. The CPL will give us lots of playing time to try several position changes and try some standard situation tactics.
5. The formation which applied well to us was the 3-5-2 and that is what most of time we will do.
6. Warming up is a way to get ready for the game. I want everybody to be part of it and be ready. It isn’t hard. You shouldn’t sprint without warming up because that causes injuries.
7. Build a team with so many good players should be easy but it is a piece of work which I am willing to do.
8. Training, we need to work a bit more on passing and moving without the ball. Essential!!!
9. Support and build up each player is my new target instead of shouting him to hell!!! Support is important especially when mistakes are made………!!!! COME OOOOOON Alex, I think you all remember these calls.
10. I might not be available most of time for the beers at 7-11 or the sessions in Carnegies after the games, because I have also other duties at home but I have always an open ear for criticism, good and bad.
11. I am a winner type and I am very ambitious. Let’s try to do it right and show CPL, BML, Tournaments the new face of the Red Lions.
12. Have fun playing football and win what is to win!
Solidarnosk – Leader: Polish Rob
I will carry on with Andy’s way. Which means, we try to win every game but everyone will get some minutes on the pitch (excluding TB), except we play a decider in the CPL and an additional substitution would jeopardize the positive outcome of the game.
As for the tactics, I would try to play mostly with 2 strikers and a 442 or 352 formation. Everyone will be told his position before the game and his tactical route/role. I am not a big fan of together-warming-up procedures because we have players in a range of 19-49 years old, and older people need a different warm up procedure than younger once. Nevertheless, we will have short sprints 10 minutes before kickoff (4-5 minutes) to ensure that everyone is awake straight from the beginning.
So basically not many changes to the last captain, as I think he did a great job, there might be some experiments with players on different positions though, especially because the substitution rule in the CPL makes it possible.